Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dark Elf Collecting...Alternative Models

Hello Interwebz,

My Druchii army started out as the Dark Elf Battleforce in February. Thanks to Legions Games having a used model bin, in a mere two months it has swelled into the following:

2x 10 man crossbow units, with full command
1x 20 man Corsair unit, with full command
2x 5 man units of converted Dark riders, with full command ($10!)
1x Hydra with handlers ($20!)
1x 10 man unit of Executioners ($6!)
1x Converted Dreadlord on a Bretonnian pegasus
1x 14 man unit of warriors with spears, full command
2x 6 man units of Cold One Knights, full command
1x Sorceress
1x Converted Cold One Chariot ($10)
1x Reaper Bolt Thrower and crew

I also use a few models from other ranges:

1x 10 man unit of Shades (Warmachine Mage Hunter Strike Force)
1x Sorceress (Reaper model)
2x Assassins (Reaper models)
2x Dreadlord/Master on foot (Reaper models)
1x Hag, (Studio McVay's Azumi, limited edition)

Next up on my buying list is:
Cauldron of Blood
Executioner Command
A block of Black Guard
A block of Witch Elves

My dilemma is that I do not want Games Workshop models for the Cauldron, Black Guard, or Witch Elves. They are a little "meh", and expensive. I don't mind a higher price point for quality, but paying a lot for something that just looks goofy (looking at you Witches) doesn't sit well with me. I have found great alternative models for the Witches over at Raging Heroes. They call them Blood Vestals, and they look absolutely amazing. I will probably use their Elven Battle Standard model too. Does anyone out there have any ideas for alternative models that can represent the Cauldron of Blood or the Black Guard? I am aware of the Gamezone line, which is awesome, but I am looking for some other options as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment